Industry: IT (Information Technology)
Job Number: 8913
Pay Rate: 45-62.59
Tech Valley Talent (TVT) is an HBITS PRIME Vendor, and we have an opening for a Senior Software Developer HBITS-05-13118
DURATION: 30 Months
LOCATION: Albany, NY – Onsite
Act as Senior Programmer/Developer working for NYS Information Technology Services on behalf of the NYS Department of Transportation to fulfill the duties as described below.
- Software Developer - Is involved with all facets of the software development process, including the research, design, programming, testing and implementation of computer software.
- Senior- 60 - 84 months: Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance and provides guidance to others. May have an advanced education.
- 72 months experience working with Agency/business subject matter experts to understand business needs/requirements, Vendors of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products, and IT teams to determine and design application and system requirements.
- 72 months experience developing mission critical applications using .NET C#, Angular, MVC, Linq, HTML5, CSS and RESTful webservices.
- 72 months experience utilizing Open ID Connect using OAuth Authorization flow, including the use of PKCE and SAML v2.0
- 72 months experience implementing DevOps pipelines using Git, Jenkins and OpenShift. Pipelines implemented with Azure DevOps will also qualify.
- 60 months experience implementing automated testing using open-source testing frameworks.
- 36 months experience developing, consuming and deploying microservices.
TVT is an Information Technology (IT) professional business leader providing IT services to the public sector. Our firm is founded on the values of high integrity, trust, honesty, and commitment. We take pride in providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the nation. We are business partners with many technology solution providers such as IBM, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, Salesforce, and others. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Interact with Agency/business subject matter experts to understand business needs/requirements, Vendors of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products, and IT teams to determine and design application and system requirements.
- Participate in the entire Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) including debugging and configuring solution.
- Design and document all components of approved application solutions including system integrations.
- Write clean, testable code using C#.
- Develop .NET application including perform system testing and development of testing plans.
- Review and refactor code including performing code reviews and suggest changes that will best fit the Agency/business needs.
- Deploy fully functional application.
- Automate development activities using Jenkins, PowerShell and other DevOps utilities.
- Assist and verify design of solution and production of all design phase deliverables.
- Manage build phase and quality assure code to ensure fulfilling requirements and adhering to application architecture.
- Resolve difficult design and development issues.
- Identify bugs when developers are not able to do so.
- Identify installation solutions for new application
- Determine the requirements for new application
- Publish and/or present design reports
- Identifying areas for improvement in current systems
- Coordinate with business, vendor and IT team members to reach project milestones and deadlines
- Create systems to keep data secure
- Write clean, testable code using advanced analytical functions.
- Test and debug including, but not limited to: perform system testing and development of testing plans.
- Review and refactor code including, but not limited to: performance tuning of existing code, code reviews, and suggest changes that will best fit the Agency/business needs.
- •Use a ticketing system to track and manage incidents, service requests, problems, changes, and release/deployment.