15 Columbia Circle
Industry: IT (Information Technology)
Job Number: 8607
Tech Valley Talent (TVT) has an opening for a Senior Business Analyst/Data Analyst. This is a two year contract (primarily remote but there will be quarterly visits to the client location in Albany, NY).
DURATION: 2 years
LOCATION: Hybrid; New York
RATE: $50-$56/HOUR W2
The position is responsible for a set of activities that ensures the timely availability of key decision-making data and provides relevant business intelligence and analysis to allow management to realize its objectives and be in alignment with the overall mission. The position will also involve identifying and developing key tools, analyses, data sets and documents in support the Innovation. It is expected that the person who assumes this role will take ownership of several important initiatives already underway or that are planned and see these projects through to full implementation.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology, data science, engineering, economics, or other relevant discipline
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience as a business analyst or implementing process and operational improvements relevant to performance management activities.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; familiarity with Tableau or other data analytics & dashboarding software required; must demonstrate ability to engage & learn new software and methods of developing data solutions.
- Experience gathering customer and/or functional requirements and managing the development of new dashboards, reports, or other tools/systems.
- Demonstrated success in contributing to organizational improvements.
- Experience and skill in performing business analyses, documenting requirements and specifications and mapping processes.
- Experience with data collection, quality (QA/QC), developing protocols, data management, aggregation, developing reports, and continuous improvement.
- Experience with project management methods, processes, standards, and tools
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds, the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely, and unambiguously in speech and in writing.
- The ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Tableau, Salesforce, SharePoint, ASANA, and Oracle required.
- Coordinate and manage key aspects of Innovations reporting system and processes including: managing reporting workflows and reminders for timely collection of data across dozens of accounts/projects; managing data collection and maintenance, outputs and outcomes of programs; preparing data to be shared across portfolio; preparing data validation tools and references and flagging outliers; updating data sets; assisting with compilation of annual reports and other reports across portfolios.
- Coordinate and perform analyses integral to key operational improvement initiatives designed to expand impact, enable new programs, improve customer, and partner interfaces, reduce cycle times, enable internal workflow, support robust reporting, manage risk, and reduce cost.
- Coordinate and manage the design, maintenance, and operation of the database used as the digital repository of all relevant information associated with all projects and program activities in the Innovation portfolio.
- Coordinate and manage the development and implementation of processes and procedures that result in maximum staff compliance, quality assurance and remedial actions related to uploading of data and information to the database.
- Provide assistance with design, development, implementation, and operation of the systems and protocols necessary for the collection, aggregation, analysis, and reporting of performance data across programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify recommendations for performance management business process improvements, overcome constraints, and help resolve challenging cultural, operational, and technological issues.
- Assist in the improvement, integration and automation of tools designed to support performance management.
- Produce new templates, tools/dashboards, user guides and other support as needed.
- Effectively communicate status, collaborate and problem solve with management and other relevant stakeholders.
- Foster and contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork.
TVT is an Information Technology (IT) professional business leader providing IT services to the public sector. Our firm is founded on the values of high integrity, trust, honesty, and commitment. We take pride in providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the nation. We are business partners with many technology solution providers such as IBM, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, Salesforce, and others. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.