Industry: IT (Information Technology)
Job Number: 8908
Tech Valley Talent (TVT) has an opening for a Data Engineer/Architect.
DURATION: 18 months
LOCATION: Albany, NY (onsite)
The Data Engineer/Architect will thoroughly assess the data ecosystem to design an effective data architecture, driving organizational efficiency, productivity, and profitability. They will engage in extensive research and meticulously gather requirements on and for all aspects of the current and future data infrastructure, including integrations points, data flow, data quality and integrity, security and privacy measures, data cataloging, and data lineage. They will collaborate closely with implementation leads to gain a deep understanding of their needs, goals, and challenges within the digital realm. They will develop and implement a comprehensive data architecture strategy and create detailed project plans that facilitate effective decision-making throughout the transformation journey.
- Track record with over 10 years of extensive experience in the higher education sector, coupled with 15-year tenure as a seasoned Data Architect.
- A wealth of knowledge, and a deep understanding of the unique data needs and challenges faced by educational institutions.
- Adept at aligning data ecosystems to drive organizational efficiencies, productivity, and cost reallocation
- Deep proficiency in data warehousing technologies and data integration pipelines using both ELT and ETL processes
- Experience with data modeling, including schema design, data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries and metadata repositories
- Experience designing and building complex data solutions using both SQL and non- SQL databases
- Experience with Application Programming Interface (API) for custom workflows, microservices, and integration
- Familiarity with Data Hub, Data Lakehouse, Data Fabric, and Data Mesh concepts and hybrid (on premises + cloud) data infrastructures
- Knowledge with data science, machine learning, and statistical analysis techniques to build predictive models, perform advanced analytics, and derive actionable insights from data
- Experience and knowledge building Data Catalogs and Data Marts
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, R, or Scala as well as Java
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to define data standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Knowledge of data governance, data security, and compliance standards.
- Creative problem-solving skills and strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex, technical information in an understandable manner
- Ability to logically troubleshoot issues, determine root causes, and present suggested solutions clearly and concisely
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI), and data pipelines that incorporate them
- Familiarity with AI capabilities across various LLMs and some experience in integration of Data Hub/Lake with AI tools.
#dice - onsite
- Leveraging cloud SaaS for data lake or data hub implementations, ensuring advances to the forefront of modern data management practices.
- Evaluate crucial aspects of the data ecosystem including: Business Goals and Objectives, Data Requirements and Needs, Current Data Infrastructure, Data Sources and Integration Points, Data Quality and Integrity, Data Governance and Compliance, Security and Privacy Measures, Data Lifecycle Management, Metadata and Cataloging, Scalability and Performance, Data Architecture design and models, Regulatory and Industry Compliance
- Support the Senior Project Director and Implementation Leads with project plans, deliverables, and project artifacts
- Support the Business Analysts and Implementation Leads with project plans, deliverables, and project artifacts
- Maintain project library of project plans, deliverables, and project artifacts
- Identify areas for project improvements and efficiencies
- Prepare artifacts and presentations for governing bodies as defined in the Governance Management Plan
#li - onsite
TVT is an Information Technology (IT) professional business leader providing IT services to the public sector. Our firm is founded on the values of high integrity, trust, honesty, and commitment. We take pride in providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the nation. We are business partners with many technology solution providers such as IBM, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, Salesforce, and others. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.