Industry: IT (Information Technology)
Job Number: 8905
Pay Rate: 55-82.10
Tech Valley Talent (TVT) is an HBITS PRIME Vendor, and we have an opening for an Expert Project Manager HBITS-05-13117
DURATION: 30 Months
LOCATION: Albany, NY – Onsite
Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
- Project Manager - Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
- Expert- 84+ months: Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months B51experience in managing and leading multiple large, complex IT projects for US Government agencies, functioning as the project manager. Large, complex IT projects are defined primarily as those with the following characteristics: budget over $500,000, duration over 12 months, multiple funding sources including Federal and grant funding, management of third party vendors, management of external stakeholders, multi-level project team organization, deployment to geographically diverse end users.
- 84 months experience developing and executing project plans including management of Charter, Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Communication, Change, Risk, Issue, Resource management plans, and managing the plans throughout the project management lifecycle from initiation through closeout
- 84 months of experience in developing and managing formal project schedules in a project tracking tool, such as Microsoft Project, including tracking progress and variances against baselines utilizing both Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid methodologies; using standard PM techniques (e.g., scrum sessions) to update project schedule; and presenting schedule/status updates to both ITS and client agency’s leaderships.
- 84 months experience developing, writing, and managing detailed Scope Document, reviewing project deliverables and managing the deliverables acceptance process and using the project scope and deliverable management process to manage the project change request process.
- 84 months experience with project quality planning, quality assurance, end-to-end system testing, quality control, user acceptance testing (UAT) defect and metrics management, and quality governance
- 48 months experience managing COTS software implementation projects and/or in-house application development (SDLC) projects.
- Project Management Professional Certification
TVT is an Information Technology (IT) professional business leader providing IT services to the public sector. Our firm is founded on the values of high integrity, trust, honesty, and commitment. We take pride in providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the nation. We are business partners with many technology solution providers such as IBM, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, Salesforce, and others. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Work closely with the project’s business functional areas involving DOT executive and business teams, Portfolio/ITS Leadership and technical teams to develop and manage the project scope and other project management plans (PMP), approach, resource requirements and allocation, schedule, deliverables, and funding.
- Provide guidance and direction to the Portfolio project teams on day-to-day project tasks.
- Develop formal project plans specifying goals, strategy, dependencies, scheduling, identifying risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Follow the standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation for all projects being managed within IT Portfolio.
- Identify, schedule, and manage project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities and drive accountability to project team members.
- Direct and coordinate complex business requirements deliveries, business process reengineering and organizational change activities.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project resources to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Track project-related costs and expenditures.
- Facilitate large project governance and executive status meetings, project team status meetings, scrums and recurring agile meetings by defining agendas and running meetings effectively.
- Aggregate status updates from project team members, track schedules, and manage risks and issues as required.
- Prepare executive project status reports and keep the team, management and all stakeholders informed of project status and related issues, resolving and escalating as necessary.