Industry: IT (Information Technology)
Job Number: 8096
Pay Rate: 40.65
Tech Valley Talent (TVT) is an HBITS PRIME Vendor, and we have an opening for an Expert IT Specialist.
DURATION: 24 Months
LOCATION: Albany, NY – Onsite
DOL requires assistance from a skilled consultant to work within a service-oriented architecture (SOA) to support DOL critical SOA applications and services. This includes an Expert ITS Specialist to help maintain current applications that could cross over multiple program areas. The individual will be responsible for conducting all aspects of quality assurance work of Department of Labor (DOL) applications and services.
- IT Specialist - Works in the field of Information Technology, experienced in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures or business applications and products that run on those platforms - beyond that of a Programmer.
- Expert - 84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months as the lead tester working on a project.
- 84 months working with industry leading test tools from the following list of vendors: IBM, HP, Mercury, or Microsoft
- 84 months Creating SQL queries to validate correct back-end processing.
- 84 months experience in JAVA script/VB script, Selenium, knowledge of C/C++
- 84 months Katalon, HP toolset (ALM/QC, QTP/UFT, Load Runner); or Rational toolset (ClearCase, FunctionalTester, ClearQuest, Manual Tester); or Microsoft testing tool. Knowledge in Katalon Studio, Plutoria, qTest is a Plus.
- 84 months testing web services in a SOA environment including functional and performance testing.
- 84 months working as a tester supporting Agile development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in computer science.
TVT is an Information Technology (IT) professional business leader providing IT services to the public sector. Our firm is founded on the values of high integrity, trust, honesty, and commitment. We take pride in providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the nation. We are business partners with many technology solution providers such as IBM, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, Salesforce, and others. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Test Strategy document detailing how quality will be infused throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Test Scenarios (business entities/objects and their relationships)
- Traceability matrix outlining the correlation between business rules, use cases, and corresponding test scenarios.
- Functional Test Plan describing the who, what, where, how, and why each business function will be tested.
- User Acceptance Test plan detailing entrance and exit criteria, including users in the process of decision-making re. testing specific business scenarios
- Specific activities include:
- Create SQL queries to verify tables are correctly populated.
- Participates in meetings with Business Analysts, Developers, and Architects in understanding requirements.
- Analyze Business and Technical requirements, identifying test scenarios based on business process.
- Execute functional test cases.
- Work with data management to acquire test data.
- Review Release Notes with each build for accuracy and completeness
- Analyze test case failures; clearly and concisely report defects using QMC designated testing tool set, which includes HP ALM/QC, QTP/UFT, Katalon Studio, Selenium and SoapUI. Knowledge of HP Load Runner and IBM Rational tools is a PLUS.
- Create test execution summary report and communicate results to manager and project team.
- Coordinate all test artifacts in common test location in QMC designated testing tool set for version control.
- Create using QMC designated testing tool set defect/enhancement queries.
- Design using QMC designated testing tool set reports to communicate quality progress to management and project teams.
- Re-test defects as assigned, following defect management process.
- Validate each screen with web accessibility compliance tool for American Disabilities Act compliance.
- Creating automated test scripts using java script within the Rational Functional Tester tool
- Train user population on tool used to execute and report outcome of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Conduct automation testing and leading automation team members in the automation of test cases using QMC designated testing tool set.
- Creating and troubleshooting automation testing script, which could be using knowledge of JAVA/VB script, C/C++, Selenium language."
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.