Industry: IT (Information Technology)
Job Number: 8920
Pay Rate: 50-76.42
Tech Valley Talent (TVT) is an HBITS PRIME Vendor, and we have an opening for an Expert IT Specialist HBITS-05-13123
DURATION: 24 Months
LOCATION: Albany, NY – Onsite
The position is required to provide data management expertise supporting the continued development and maintenance of WCB systems. Working as part of a DevOps environment, the position will be responsible for the development and maintenance of data models, ETL/ELT pipelines and/or data migration processes, T-SQL and SQL scripts. In addition, the resource will review business requirements documents, analyze and profile source data, maintain scripts in source control repository, performance tune scripts, review and troubleshoot data quality alerts, prepare source to target mapping documents and execute data manipulation language (DML) scripts. The duties will be performed against both cloud-based and on-premises databases
- IT Specialist - Works in the field of Information Technology, experienced in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures or business applications and products that run on those platforms - beyond that of a Programmer.
- Expert- 84+ months: Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience developing logical and physical relational data models for OLTP databases.
- 60 months experience using erwin Data Modeler to create and maintain logical and physical data models.
- 84 months experience in complex T-SQL and SQL development against SQL Server.
- 60 months experience identifying and troubleshooting data quality issues.
- 24 Months experience developing and managing Azure Data Factory ELT/ETL processes.
- 24 months experience using source control and release technologies such as Git and Azure DevOps.
TVT is an Information Technology (IT) professional business leader providing IT services to the public sector. Our firm is founded on the values of high integrity, trust, honesty, and commitment. We take pride in providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the nation. We are business partners with many technology solution providers such as IBM, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, Salesforce, and others. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Develop and maintain logical and physical relational data models for OLTP systems using erwin and Visual Studio Database Projects.
- Generate and publish data definition language (DDL) from physical data model to Azure cloud-based and/or on-premises SQL Server databases.
- Design and develop ELT/ETL processes for the migration of data.
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot Azure Data Factory pipelines.
- Identify and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Develop and execute complex queries and procedures using T-SQL and SQL.
- Manage and maintain scripts and code in source control repository.
- Interact with the development team and business users to understand business process flow and business rules.
- Document data models, data migration and data quality requirements and solutions.
- Provide knowledge transfer to other data management team members.