15 Columbia Circle
Industry: IT (Information Technology)
Job Number: 8345
Tech Valley Talent (TVT) has an opening for a Network/Voice Engineer with SD-WAN experience. This is a contract to hire role and will be based out of Albany, NY. There will be occasional expense-paid travel within NYS.
LOCATION: Onsite; Albany, NY with occasional, expense paid travel
RATE: $45-$65 W2
***No third parties or candidates represented by third parties as role is contract to hire***
Seeking a Network/Voice Engineer to join a highly nimble team of Information Technology professionals dedicated to delivering high quality project deliverables through thorough and thoughtful planning as well as consultation with a wide variety of end users. The Network/Voice Engineer is responsible for designing, testing, implementing and maintaining highly available network and voice services supporting the business teams. This position requires demonstrated technical skills with network operating systems, cloud platforms and general technology knowledge that the specific position requires.
- Preferred - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or an Associate’s Degree in a STEM field plus 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Required - High School diploma, Minimum 5 years of direct experience supporting Cisco networking and voice products, required.
- Expert-level knowledge of Cisco network and voice products
- SD-WAN experience is required
- Expert-level technical knowledge of network services (DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Ability to travel within New York State to perform physical work on network and voice infrastructure.
- Expert-level experience managing vendor relationships and vendor oversight.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, an entrepreneurial edge, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions.
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Puts the team first; a track record and natural predisposition toward investing in the success of colleagues.
- Able to learn new information quickly and adjust to changing priorities.
- Able to work independently and handle sensitive information in a professional, confidential manner.
- Effective organizational, time management and communication skills
- Courteous professional with the ability to get along with others.
- Relentless work ethic and resolute integrity
- Manage LAN/SDWAN and Voice services across the enterprise.
- Develop, support, and maintain voice services to meet the needs of the teams.
- Provide leadership training to IT support staff for voice MADC tasks.
- Assure that support & maintenance contracts for software and hardware are current.
- Design, implement and document IP network architecture and services.
- Schedule & handle off-hours support and outages, leverage CMDB for change management
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages and/or emails regarding IT infrastructure problems.
- Operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Become familiar with and follow change management policies.
- Escalate outage situations to appropriate IT management.
- Document all network changes graphically and through the change management database (CMDB)
- Work with server administrators at various cloud-based facilities to coordinate network services.
- This position requires some travel, including monthly visits to remote sites.
- May be required to lift 50 lbs to load gear into a standard 48U rack.
TVT is an Information Technology (IT) professional business leader providing IT services to the public sector. Our firm is founded on the values of high integrity, trust, honesty, and commitment. We take pride in providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the nation. We are business partners with many technology solution providers such as IBM, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, Salesforce, and others. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.